Wednesday 25 September 2013

Never built a bike. Never blogged. What could possibly go wrong!

This is a first for me on many levels. Never built a bike before and I've never blogged before. Not sure if it will be interesting enough but thats never stopped me boring people before!
So the idea is that I build a single speed bike from scratch. I have bought an old Triumph Torrington frame from eBay which will, over time be transformed into, hopefully, a nice looking single speed bike which I can use for poodling about on instead of using my Specialized tri-cross which is good for blasting around on but not for leisurely family-friendly rides.  This is the frame. As the build goes on I will post the gory details such as essential measurements, components used, new swear words etc. For now the frame is sat under my desk at work waiting to be taken home and placed gently in the damp shed at the end of the garden. More to follow soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment