Saturday 7 December 2013

And there's more......

You know how it is. Nothing for ages and then two posts in two days!
So not only have I fitted the wheels, tyres, and crank I have put the stem and handle bars on!
They are lacking bar tape. And brakes, but you get the idea.
 It was a bit of a faff to fit the handle bars to the stem. I had to open the stem up a bit to get the bars through.Just a quick tweak with a flat blade screwdriver to open the clamp up a bit to get the corner through and its done!
The tyres are Schwalbe delta cruiser. They have a puncture resistant design which I suspect I will test to the limit! 

Next will be the brakes. I will need to get the right ones as I have a large drop. Woof! This is the gap between the mounting hole in the bridge and the centre of the wheel rim. The rear brake needs to have a drop of around 73 mm which is quite a lot. I suspect this is because I have a 26" wheel in a frame which would have taken a 27". I know I can get the correct brakes from the joy that is Ebay!



So next pay day....! 










No comments:

Post a Comment